Friday, February 24, 2006

Frustrating morning

Argh!

I just got off the phone with my health benefits provider. We were supposed to be enrolled with a new health care provider beginning Mar. 1, but since the new cards haven't arrived, I called to find out why. Verizon says they transmitted my file to the new provider Feb. 3, but when I called the new provider, they had no record of me. The VZ rep hung up on me while I was awaiting an explanation, so after calling back and wading through the voice prompts, I got another one who, after waiting, finally connected me with the new provider, who said the person I needed to talk with was not in the office and promised to have them call me back.

Today's trash day, and before leaving home this morning for work I wrestled the trash can out of the garage, only to have it hook on a shelf (because I didn't pull the car in far enough last night), spilling dozens of nuts & bolts on the floor.

Our water pressure has been very low the past couple of days, which makes it frustrating to take a shower. I made a note to myself to call the water company - but in 20 minutes I have to attend a lecture at work, so that may have to wait until later. But instead of attending the seminar, I'm going to have to wait for the healthcare provider to call back. I just called city hall, and they don't open until 9:00, so I'll just sit here and wait for the healthcare plan to call back.

On my way into work, I notice that I had forgotten to put in my hearing aid.

Argh!

I hope the weekend goes smoother.

No comments: