Thursday, March 22, 2007

Springtime maliase

Something about the beginning of spring usually finds me in a funk.











Why is that?

I know there are lots of things I should be doing - like landscaping, transplanting azaleas, planting dogwoods and redbuds and sealing my deck.

Then there are the inside jobs - straightening up my garage, building shelves, cabinets and a workbench.


























And then there are taxes. Ugh!
















Outside Nature is putting on Her best show of the year,

and inside I'm stewing about this stupid little job that must be done every year.


Every year I find a million excuses to not get started on taxes.

I discover boxes of old photographs I've had for decades,
















I find songs I need to learn,

I find TV shows I must watch,

and places I must visit.


I absolutely dread taxes.

But when they're done,

as they always are,

the huge weight is lifted from my shoulders,



and I can get on with my life
and enjoy the coming of spring.

1 comment:

Genevieve Netz said...

I haven't done our taxes yet either. I have been dreading it, and the time is fast approaching when I absolutely have to get started on them.