Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sushi for me part, 1 of 2

A few months ago I posted a story (entitled, "No sushi for me") about my failed attempt to eat lunch at Sam's Sushi Bar in Nashville. By the time I arrived, it was too crowded. This time, we arrived at 11:10 a.m. Apparently it was a popular day for Sam, because the place was packed.

Here's the story of my lunchtime walk.

It's a sunny, cold Friday - perfect for a walk downtown to Sam's Sushi with a couple of work buddies.

Starting our walk up the sidewalk, following a homeless person by a safe margin.

This little tree is almost barren of leaves, but the way the sun is hitting it illuminates the few golden remnants.

A brilliant Bradford Pear tree meets our gaze.

Entrance to the Muni Auditorium. Notice the time.

I caught this backlit tree outside the AmSouth headquarters building.

Getting ready to cross 4th Avenue at Union.

Another juxtaposition of Nature and man.

The famous Printer's Alley, just off Church St. between 3rd and 4th.

Sam's was too crowded, so we put in our order and wandered down Printer's Alley. At nighttime it's jumpin'; during the day it's deserted.

Sam's sign.

To be continued...

(apparently Blogger only lets you post so many pictures to one blog entry.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are some great urban photos, Runaway. Thanks for sharing them.