Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Springtime in Nashville

I took these pictures a couple of weeks ago on my lunch break at the Bicentennial Mall near downtown Nashville. Since Blogger will not position my captions correctly, I'm going to describe the pictures up front.

- A dogwood tree frames a distant view of the Tennessee Tower.
- It was a perfect day for kids to play a spirited game of Frisbee.
- Redbuds are my favorite springtime tree.
- Pieces from the Parthenon renovation are placed around the park.
- Blooming azaleas up close
- Younger visitors the world, which is suspended on water. I doubt they notice the irony of the nearby picture of the A-bomb - signifying the end of WW II. Let's hope this generation can make a better world than mine.


























































































































































































No comments: