1. FIRST NAME - You already know it if you're close to me
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE – Yes, since I’m a Junior I was named after my dad. He was named after family friends, one of whom was a cowboy, and the other was killed by a runaway horse team in the early 1900s.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY – Today when talking on the phone with a friend whose partner’s son was found dead yesterday.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING – No, it’s complete crap and always has been. I lost the ability to write in cursive sometime in my 20s. My signature is somewhat artistic, although you would never discern my name from it.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT – About any kind – I’m not picky.
6. KIDS? – Daughter 36 and son 34.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Sure, it wouldn’t be hard being friends with myself (although it’s taken me some years and lots of effort to understand who I am). The hard part would be being another person.
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yes. I’ve documented my life in great detail.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Not when I can help it.
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Nope; had ‘em taken out when I was ten.
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not risk-adverse, but I don't believe in temping Fate, either.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Crunchy oat stuff.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Yes.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Yes, pretty strong. I’ved Jazzercised for 18 years.
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Chocolate! (but most any flavor will do – like I said above, I’m not picky.)
16. SHOE SIZE – 10D
17. RED OR PINK? Red.
18. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Soft teeth & flat feet. Other than that I’m just fine. Oh, sometimes a tendency to introspect a little too much and get too down in the dumps about stuff. But wifie always picks me back up.
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My 2nd wife who died of leukemia 3 years ago, and my father, mother and grandparents. I suppose I miss all the people I love who I’ve lost.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? If they want to, sure.
21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Tan pants and shoes.
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Frozen chicken alfredo
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? XM Radio -- XM Cafe. XM rocks, y'all.
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Dark red.
25. FAVORITE SMELL? Wifie’s unadulterated fragrance, good coffee brewing, homemade bread baking, wifie’s perfume (that I got her, of course).
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Wifie.
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? That they are attracted to me? (What kind of question is that?)
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Oh YEAH!!
29.FAVORITE DRINKS? Fresh coffee in the morning, cold water during the day and an occasional Cosmo or Margarita on weekend nights (prefer my own homemade).
30. FAVORITE SPORT? Frisbee and volleyball
31. EYE COLOR? Blue, sort of
32. HAT SIZE? 7 1/2 (large)
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No; I wear glasses.
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Homemade pancakes or waffles, a good steak on the grill
35. This question was blank. I wonder what’s supposed to go here? Maybe the author wants to see if I’m creative enough to answer an un-asked question. Umm… lemme see…. THREE! That’s the answer!
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE THEATER? An American Haunting
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? tan
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? I guess you mean what season is my favorite? I’d say fall and spring.
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Both! Bring ‘em on!
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Frozen custard or malted milk or banana split or… (you get the idea)
41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? http://nashvilleworkinprogress.blogspot.com/
42. LEAST LIKELY TO Someone who doesn’t read this blog. I dunno – maybe Chairman Mao?
43. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Old Jules by Mari Sandoz (from the same town as my dad)
44. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSEPAD? I don’t have one, since I use a trackball. But before I got a trackball I had a mousepad with a design made by my oldest granddaughter.
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? "The March of the Penguins" (DVD)
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Dear wifie sleeping, dear cat purring, birds at night before they bed down, the sound of XM radio, the sound of a band I'm playing in. (You can see I'm very much into sounds.)
47. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? What kind of question is that?
48. FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Tofino, which is on the Pacific coast of Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Playing piano
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Feb. 1946 in Arlington, VA.
51. WHAT IS THE MOST ROMANTIC THING SOMEONE HAS DONE FOR YOU? The first time I met wifie we went for a ride in the car after talking for two hours in Applebees. The most romantic thing was when she gently placed her hand on my arm and said softly, “I think I need to kiss you now.”
52. WHAT WAS YOUR PROUDEST CHILDHOOD MOMENT? When I was accepted into my first rock band at age 15.
53. STAY HOME OR GO OUT? Usually stay home but can be enticed to go out if there’s something better out than there is at home (which is very rare).
54. FAVORITE MOVIE? I'm not much of a movie person, but I loved Airplane, Top Secret and Monty Python & The Holy Grail.
55. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I stole it from http://nashvilleworkinprogress.blogspot.com/.